Prayers of the Faithful For A Funeral
PRAYERS OF THE FAITHFUL OPTION 11. In baptism N. _____ received the light of Christ. Scatter the darkness now and lead him over the waters of death. We pray to the Lord.
2. Our brother N. _____ was nourished at the table of the Savior. Welcome him into the halls of the heavenly banquet. We pray to the Lord.
3. Many friends and members of our families have gone before us and await the kingdom. Grant them an everlasting home with your mercy. We pray to the Lord.
4. Many people die by violence, war, and famine, each day. Show Your mercy to those who suffer so unjustly these sins against Your love, and gather them to the eternal kingdom of peace. We pray to the Lord.
5. Those who trust in the Lord now sleep in the Lord. Give refreshment, rest, and peace to all whose fate is known to You alone. We pray to the Lord.
6. The family and friends of N. _____ seek comfort and consolation. Heal their pain and dispel the darkness and doubt that comes from grief. We pray to the Lord.
7. We are assembled here in faith and confidence to pray for our brother N. ____. Strengthen our hope so that we may live in the expectation of Your Son’s coming. We pray to the Lord.
PRAYERS OF THE FAITHFUL OPTION 21. For N. _____ who in baptism was given the pledge of eternal life, that he may now be admitted to the company of the saints. We pray to the Lord.
2. For our brother who ate the Body of Christ, the bread of life, that he may be raised up on the last day. We pray to the Lord.
3. For our deceased relatives and friends and for all who have helped us that they may have their reward of their goodness. We pray to the Lord.
4. For those who have fallen asleep in the hope of rising again, that they may see God face to face. We pray to the Lord.
5. For the family and friends of our brother that they may be consoled in their grief by the Lord, who wept at the death of His friend Lazarus. We pray to the Lord.
6. For all of us assembled here to worship in faith, that we maybe gathered together again in God’s kingdom. We pray to the Lord.